POPAI Board Meeting Minutes for 9/6/2018
Meeting called to order by Board President Adam McQueen who also recognized the board members for their work.
- Adam McQueen, President
- Troy Hatfield, Vice-President
- C.J. Miller, Treasurer
- Robert Schuster, District 1 Rep
- Sarah Lochner, District 3 Rep
- Lakisha Fisher, District 4 Rep
- Melanie Pitstick, District 5 Rep
- Andria Geigle, District 6 Rep
- Michael Coriell, District 7 Rep
- Melonie Coan, PO Advisory Board Rep
- Susan Rice, Training Coordinator
- Linda Brady, Past President
Also In Attendance: Karen Oeding, Website Administrator and Steve Keele District 2 Representative
CJ Miller presented the Treasurer’s Report.
- Starting Balance of $79447.21
- Total Deposits $110,819.17
- Total Expenses $114,343.41
- Balance as of 9/4/18 $75,922.97
- Starting Balance of $17,044.31
- Interest earned $11.94
- Balance as /4/18 $17,056.26
- Total Assets as of 9/4/18 $92,979.22
- Total Assets as of 9/1/17 $96491.52
Cherie Motioned to accept the report, Melanie P. seconded, All Aye’s Motion passed
40 corporate, 960 total members
Chief's Executive Committee
Juvenile Delinquency Alternative Initiative (JDAI) Update
Probation Officer Advisory Board Update
Melanie Pitstick announced the election results
- Adam McQueen- President
- Cherri Wood- Secretary
- Lakisha Fisher- District 4
- Mignon Ware – District 8
Election results and welcomed the new Board Member:
- District 2 Heather Malone
Awards and Recognition
Evidence Based Decision Making (EBDM) Initiative
Justice Reinvestment Advisory Council (JRAC)
Karen Oeding reported that the jobs page and 2019 PO Salary Schedule are the most popular and there have been many visiting the Events page. She’s curious about why we aren’t using the Members only section looking for a way to grow interaction Karen is happy to do that.
Karen spoke about the work of the board and supporting each other.
Membership renewal cycle is still January to December and the department invoices has been really positive. Still looking for feedback on the website or ideas that could make the website more useful. She expressed how much she enjoys her work with POPAI.
Troy Hatfield gave updates on all the by-law changes
Motion from the floor to accept and second; motion carried
Steve Keele recognized for his service on the board as well as Susan Bentley
Invited people to attend the board meeting tomorrow afternoon.
Update on the Outcome Measures Study which is a 5-7 year project that will help us develop a best practice guide for the State.
Next Meeting The September Board Meeting is Friday, September 7, all were invited to attend.
Reminder Upcoming POPAI Training
Chief PO Orientation October 24 at IOCS
August 6-8 2019 IOCS Conference