September, 2017

POPAI Board Meeting Minutes for 09/08/17

10:34am

Attending:

  • Adam McQueen, President
  • Troy Hatfield, Vice-President
  • Christine Kerl, Treasurer
  • Susan Bentley, Secretary
  • Sarah Lochner, District 3 Rep
  • C.J. Miller, District 5 Rep
  • Andria Geigle, District 6 Rep
  • Michael Coriell
  • Cherie Wood, District 8 Rep
  • Greg Werich, Chief Exec Committee
  • Susan Rice, Training Coordinator
  • Kory George, JDAI Representative
  • Linda Brady, Past President

Also In Attendance: Melanie Pitstick

Secretary's Report

August report-  Andria moves to accept,  Sarah seconds, all voted and motion carried.

Treasurer's Report

CJ and Christine will meet and transfer all information.  Christine gave financial report at Thursday’s meeting.  Andrea moved to approve, Sarah seconded.  All voted and motion carried.  Greg suggested an audit with the changing of treasurers.

Christine reported as of 8/31/17, the amount in the checking account is $79,447.21

Membership

Susan R. and Adam reported as of 8/31/17: 926 total current, 856 PO’s, 19 Corporate and 51 other.

Education

Susan R. reported that  346 Registered.  A few that were not registered.  Good numbers.  Good POPAI Fall Conference.

Chief's Executive Committee

Greg Werich reported they met this morning at the Fall Conference.

Juvenile Delinquency Alternative Initiative (JDAI) Update

Kory George reported Indiana was chosen to do a study to take JDAI to the state scale.  JDAI inter site conference will be 5/23/18 and 5/24/18 at French Lick.  Kory also reported conditions of confinement are now being looked at as well across the state.   POPAI representative requested.  Susan B.  is open to do this and volunteered.

Probation Officer Advisory Board Update

CJ reported there is a meeting next month scheduled.

Election

Steve not present.   1,3,5,7 Districts were filled in this week’s election at the Fall Conference election this year as well treasurer.

Awards and Recognition

Adam commended CJ for chairing this committee and taking care of awards this week.

Evidence Based Decision Making (EBDM) Initiative

Linda reported that the corrections and criminal code meeting was held this week and probation will be invited to present at the next meeting on 9/19/17 at 10am.  Linda will send out notice to all chiefs for information.

Justice Reinvestment Advisory Council (JRAC)

JRAC Meeting held 9/5/17.  Adam reported JRAC Legislative committee has been held once so far.

Legislation

Criminal Code meeting to be held 9/19/17 at 10am.  Linda will send out notice to all chief po’s for information as probation is invited to speak.

Technology

Karen gave her report at the Fall Conference this week to all.

Old Business

Contractors job descriptions- Adam reported a committee is needed to look at the job descriptions that do not currently match up with the bilaws.  Troy and Adam to do this.  Michael and Sarah volunteered as well.

New Business

Workload/Caseload Measures:  Discussed at Chief’s meeting and decided there is a need to move forward. AD Hoc committee suggested by Troy to move this forward. Adam appointed Sarah and Troy, to be ad hoc co chairs.   Cherie, CJ, Adam, Susan, Andria and Greg will be involved as well.

Strategic Plan:  Andria, Susan, Cherie, Sarah and CJ met 9/5/17 to get started on this and email went out to summarize this week what was developed.  All to review and report back with feedback.

Hurricane money collected at Fall Conference and POPAI to match funds.  785.52 collected so far.   Adam to reach out to Texas Probation Officer’s Organization to locate a good recipient for funds.

Next Meeting 10/11/17 @10:30am at Marion County South office.

Reminder Upcoming POPAI Training