Read the original article source of this excerpt.
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to grow, more and more community corrections professionals have concerns about how this is currently impacting their work and questions about how it will shape their future. To address those concerns, APPA will host a virtual roundtable facilitated by Dr. Brian Lovins and joined by leading community correction panelists.
During this important hour-long session, community corrections specialists and leaders will listen to your concerns and challenges. They will also share their thoughts, strategies, and resources on this pandemic. Attendees will have the chance to ask questions during the Q&A portion of this virtual discussion.
You’ll hear responses to these questions and more:
– How valuable is current contact with individuals on your caseload?
– Is equipment available to maintain the appropriate level of internal and external contacts?
– How are formerly incarcerated individuals with high risk/high needs being supported?
– How important is technology during this period of isolation?
– Should leading or working on a remote team become the norm?
– What are the key resources needed to successfully contribute to public safety during this time of uncertainty?
– How has this interruption impacted learning and training opportunities in your agency?