Read the original article source of this excerpt.
Executives Transforming Probation & Parole
On this page, the Justice Lab will gather and share examples of measures that probation and parole agencies are taking to slow down the COVID-19 pandemic. This page is designed as a growing resource for executives actively managing the crisis.
Read the Statement from community supervision executives on the importance of using best practices during the COVID-19 crisis. The Statement’s recommendations include:
- Immediately limit office visits for people on parole and probation.
- Suspend or severely limit technical violations for the duration of the coronavirus crisis.
- Reduce intake onto probation and parole to only those who absolutely need to be under supervision.
- Reduce the terms of probation and parole to only as long as necessary to achieve the goals of supervision.
- Train staff to provide clear, accurate and understandable information to probation and parole clients.