Read the original article source of this excerpt.
As the lives of community corrections professionals have been upended by the threat of coronavirus, the American Probation and Parole Association (APPA) has received numerous requests for online training resources that officers may access while working from home.
First, we’re proud to announce that beginning in late April, APPA will host a series of brand-new webinars for a nominal fee. Stay tuned for more information on this exciting development.
Until then, APPA has several 2019 resources available in our library that we are offering immediately. Due to the unique situation brought on by COVID-19, we are announcing that, for the month of April only, these webinars will be made available to all members and non-members alike free of charge. For your information, these webinars are typically offered for individual members only.
• Going Mobile: A “How To” for Mobile Offender Management
• The Probation Poster Child
• You Can’t Read the Label from Inside the Jar. Disruptive Truth Bombs about Criminology, Implementation Science, and Real-World
• Does Intensity of Community Supervision Matter: The Latest Research Evidence
• Opioid Abuse and Evidence-Based Treatment
• Do You Know Your ABC’s? Achieving Work-Balance
• Substance Abuse Disorder in Community Corrections
• New Approach to the Supervision of Domestic Violence Offenders-The Development and Implementation of the DVRNA Tool
• Treatment Mandates, Diversion Programs, and Drug Courts
• The Marijuana Experiment – Colorado Probation after Legalization
• Adolescent Brain Development: Research Implications for Community Corrections
To access, go to https://connect.appa-net.org, click the “Resources” tab, then “Libraries.” Premium Webinar Recordings is a category in this folder. To access the webinar page directly, go to: https://connect.appa-net.org/communities/community-home/librarydocuments?LibraryKey=ad033c20-d6ef-485b-8754-5a96a4f53889&ssoToken=cb6635ec-bd86-4900-9271-82edf9c27097&Site=APPA-3.
While we would like to make these webinars available to all indefinitely, that is simply not possible at this time. Our organization, as so many others, faces uncertainty due to the economic upheaval caused by COVID-19. Nonetheless, we will continue to expand our resources available to you and your peers in the weeks ahead.
APPA Executive Director